I ripped out my old attempt and tried a new pattern from Sewaholic called the Granville Shirt with the same fabric. The pattern was published less than a month before I bought it and it sewed up beautifully.
I foresee several more of these in my future. After putting the finishing touches on this one last night, I cut fabric for another, playing the 'make it fit' game with a (much) smaller piece of fabric than the suggested yardage.
I foresee several more of these in my future. After putting the finishing touches on this one last night, I cut fabric for another, playing the 'make it fit' game with a (much) smaller piece of fabric than the suggested yardage.
Detail: sleeve plackets, a fun, professional and surprisingly straightforward detail included in this pattern.
pattern: Sewaholic Granville Shirt, size 14
fabric: a sweet all-over pink and white floral from Grandma's fabric stash
modifications: none of note
next time: shorten sleeves by 2", do yoke topstitching closer to seam, finish interior seams with French seams.



No comments:
Post a Comment