It's been a wonderful 9 weeks working here at CERN, and it's over now. I'm sitting at a public terminal in the main building with my suitcase and am getting ready to head off to the train station to jump on a train and then, later tonight, meet Mom, Dad & Jess in Zermatt.
It's hard to believe that it's all over now. There was a lot to do yesterday, including getting my uber cool summies t-shirt (I'll post a picture once I'm home) picking up my final payment, handing in my CERN ID and keys, having a "goodbye" beer with Dan at Restaurant 1 and finishing a bag of (delicious!) curry potato chips Nathan found at COOP. I printed out some reading for the train to get ready for my independent study this fall and felt slightly naughty using the HEP (high energy physics) printers to print out my AMO (atomic and molecular optics) reading.
This seems like the right time to wax nostalgic and give some grand overview of the summer, but there's no time for that... another adventure awaits in the Alps!
No comments:
Post a Comment